Philippines
Mabuhay!

Welcome to the eRepublik & e-Sim Philippines community forum, where all discussions related to the eRepubik & e-Sim Philippine' Government and community are found.

If you already have an account in this forum, please type-in your username and password in the boxes upon clicking the log-in button below.

If ever that you don't have a forum account, please register by clicking the register button or link your facebook account by clicking this kind of button (The Economy 81311352) for you to automatically sign-in next time upon you visit again our forums.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Philippines
Mabuhay!

Welcome to the eRepublik & e-Sim Philippines community forum, where all discussions related to the eRepubik & e-Sim Philippine' Government and community are found.

If you already have an account in this forum, please type-in your username and password in the boxes upon clicking the log-in button below.

If ever that you don't have a forum account, please register by clicking the register button or link your facebook account by clicking this kind of button (The Economy 81311352) for you to automatically sign-in next time upon you visit again our forums.
Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Economy

3 posters

Go down

The Economy Empty The Economy

Post by Aren Perry Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:56 pm

Hi All, I posted my introduction for those who have not noticed me here in the nation yet in the welcome center, but one thing I did not say is that I am a student of Statistics. Thus, I hope to provide some insight into our economy (and I'd like to do a census when I have more time).

I would like to know more about the current way the economy is run around here, as I'm sure you have all thought about it for awhile yourselves and have either the insights I already do, or your own important insight. But here goes.

We are an island nation with one product: Oil. Now, I should check to see how scarce this product is around the e-world, if Oil has become less "needed" around the e-world, then my stance changes. But, that IS our cash crop. Foreigners make companies in our soil (and our own citizens too) because that's what we have an advantage in. We do not have an advantage in Food, Weapons (and we couldn't really support it), or any other basic resource. Food companies I am ok with existing within our nation due to the vital nature of the companies. However, we need to optimize the amount of currency being exchanged in our country.

It's good old exports vs. imports. If we can export more than we import (in gold value), we have a winning situation here. Our currency will be wanted and the exchange rate will be healthy. Our problem is we utterly rely on imports, and that right now, we have some people who are taking advantage of this as it always is with smaller countries to hold grain/other prices high above our heads.

The first natural suggestion is to make domestic companies in those areas so that we don't have such ridiculous prices, but our ability to produce them due to manpower resource shortages and low resource levels in those areas hinder us. If we did this, everyone who works, clicks that "work" button, will be producing less than they could be otherwise. This creates a more negative flow of import/export ratios. I don't support the idea of home grown, state owned or otherwise, versions of these companies in grain/weapons/etc.

My suggestion is that like any island, we have one or two major sources of income, obviously here it is oil. Thus, we produce what we can produce well. This means that we will be relient on foreign imports, and the problem there is we have to gain interest from foreign companies in supplying us here, but there is a way around that. We run companies in foriegn nations and buy exporting licenses, here. The businessman who does so does not have to sell for zero profit, but simply not price gouge our nation, there is a middle ground. People in other nations work for companies blindly and without thought for "who" they are working for, they just work. There would be no resistance in other countries to these companies existing, they wouldn't even show up on their radar screen.

They could be government owned or owned by private citizens. I hope to bring Titanium or whatever new product my company turns into to the Philippines (the only problem there is it goes back to supplying us with weapons domestically, which is not optimal). That way we can find a good location to support ourselves from foreign countries for cheaper prices. Cheaper goods coming in, our strongest goods being exported, will create the most postiive flow of gold into our nation possible.

When it comes to Citizens and population, whether the ePH nation wants to grow or not, we can advertise, or do forum campaigns on websites if we want to be aggressive, but that is a whole nother subject.

May I say in closing, though, that the new SEA military should be aggressively supporting Australia...we're next.
Aren Perry
Aren Perry

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2010-12-05

Back to top Go down

The Economy Empty Re: The Economy

Post by Hekter Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:44 pm

Welcome to the forums, Aren!

As for the economy, I do have a few significant points to go for:

1. We import all the Department of Home Affairs grain from a corporation called Junji, located in the United States here. The idea is expensive, but doable and in the process of being done--with the company migration I think we'll have to expand this a bit, as well as going abroad to get iron since at writing Indo will probably take Mindanao.

2. There are significant problems with tying ourselves to one market entirely--much like The South and Cotton in the olden, olden, olden days Razz With the new module, and if Indo takes Iron, we're literally going to be particularly good at nothing, so our focus will have to shift to local manufacturing and low-priced goods because of low wages and low currency valuation, since the bonus will be less huge and we can export to other smaller nations.

Overall, thanks for posting here and participating :) Sorry it took me so long to reply--I spent most of my night running around Indo like a chicken with my head cut off.
Hekter
Hekter

Number of posts : 618
eLocation : ePhilippines
eRep Function : General of the eUS Army
Registration date : 2009-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Aren Perry Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:40 am

We would still have oil, and frankly I think that the iron is too much for us to handle, there has to be some way to get it into the hands of an ally in return for rent $, or the iron can bring, hopefully, enough attention to us to attrack major EDEN interest in the interest of holding back the Indonesians.

I still think that streamlining our markets so we produce as much as possible is smart, we can't quite efficiently have many domestic markets down here.

If the Indo's take on region, I see no reason they would not go ahead and take them all, especially with these new battle rules, they will actually almost be forced to take over all of the Philippines.
Aren Perry
Aren Perry

Back to top Go down

Post by Hekter Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:19 am

I've talked extensively with Indo, and they do not want to take all of us for sake of relations and the longer-term issues [Probably afraid we'd babyboom? Not entirely sure on that.], so we will probably work on how we can peace down the war and such.

I actually forgot that oil is somehow sticking around as an RM, though it hasn't been mentioned in the bonuses? Really not certain what's going on there. I guess we can moreso evaluate that in the future.

Non-Gov't weapons companies don't really survive without exporting, as the market is super small and we're almost never in serious war, so that'll be most of the economy out. We can't really know in the switch, but it seems like a lot of foreigners are focusing on oil and sucking the market dry of employees--I could earn almost as much as a level 1 person as a level 9 person working in oil right now x_x
Hekter
Hekter

Number of posts : 618
eLocation : ePhilippines
eRep Function : General of the eUS Army
Registration date : 2009-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Negosyo sa tao Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:43 am

Aren,

You thinking this from an efficiency point of view. It's good, but you're missing a key assumption that makes everything work.

You must realize that the assumption that you're making for the case of efficiency, is through specialization and net balance of imports/exports, which only happens if we can (1) meet domestic demand first, (2) have enough manpower to maintain our current companies, and (3) have more players working.

We can do the first through DOHA, inefficient as it is, but having enough manpower to sustain our current companies has always been a challenge in the ePHP. We simply don't have enough people playing. (The most active, and best workers, are already in DOHA companies.)

You might say simply to move the workers around and focus on the key companies, but there are several problems with that.

-First, you must realize that a lot of the workers here are zombies, or 2 clickers, or people who don't want to move.

-Second, who decides which companies get to have access to this kind of sustained work force? It would certainly antagonize people to be left out of this kind of thing, and there simply aren't enough workers to go evenly around and maintain maximum production.

-Thirdly, this would take more govt. intervention than what currently happens to sustain this kind of info exchange to maintain this level of specialization.

-Fourthly, there are no barriers to prevent other companies from poaching workers, no sustainable govt. franchise/subsides that could be maintained, and certainly there is a sword of Damocles that hang over each over-specialized company if Indo looks to the north.

I would love to have more workers to boost production if we ever got into a position to balance our net export/import situation, but we can't. Don't take this too hard though, I liked your ideas.
Negosyo sa tao
Negosyo sa tao

Number of posts : 369
eRep Function : Ministry of Finance Minister, and MM Trader
Registration date : 2009-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Aren Perry Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:35 pm

I believe we can meet domestic demands with imports, and that there would be a natural process of people moving to oil companies. Think about it

If we can successfully get enough imports (yes, that is the big IF) to the essential needs areas of our economy, eg, grain, food, and it would be great if we got a few weapons companies in too though there is less hope of that... and if we discourage business owners from owning the wrong kinds of busineses, not full proof of course, then in general there would be a focus on oil companies.

Further, oil companies are the most profitable, which means that they can pay the most for workers and sustain them longer at a rate at which other companies would flop. Thus, there already is and would continue to be a natural condition to work and own oil companies on both sides of the coin.

Naturally all of this would be better if we had more manpower which is the quintessential issue, but I wasn't assuming that we had enough manpower, only that our best economical option is to be relient where we are relient and resilient where we are resilient. Nor that specific companies should have this manpower, just in general a specific kind of company that tends to have the workforce anyways.

War could/would ruin us, but at current, I think that's generally true anyways, regardless.

I also understand your points, but I don't think that this plan would have no benefit to our country.
Aren Perry
Aren Perry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down