Philippines
Mabuhay!

Welcome to the eRepublik & e-Sim Philippines community forum, where all discussions related to the eRepubik & e-Sim Philippine' Government and community are found.

If you already have an account in this forum, please type-in your username and password in the boxes upon clicking the log-in button below.

If ever that you don't have a forum account, please register by clicking the register button or link your facebook account by clicking this kind of button (name 5 Things you'd normally find in your pocket... 81311352) for you to automatically sign-in next time upon you visit again our forums.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Philippines
Mabuhay!

Welcome to the eRepublik & e-Sim Philippines community forum, where all discussions related to the eRepubik & e-Sim Philippine' Government and community are found.

If you already have an account in this forum, please type-in your username and password in the boxes upon clicking the log-in button below.

If ever that you don't have a forum account, please register by clicking the register button or link your facebook account by clicking this kind of button (name 5 Things you'd normally find in your pocket... 81311352) for you to automatically sign-in next time upon you visit again our forums.
Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

name 5 Things you'd normally find in your pocket...

+9
Meghan
IndieKid
Bestie101
Teh User
Gloriousfailure
Divinitywolf
RomanSoldier
Richard York
Sino Kamukamo
13 posters

Go down

name 5 Things you'd normally find in your pocket... Empty name 5 Things you'd normally find in your pocket...

Post by Sino Kamukamo Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:29 am

Whatever is in your pocket tells you a lot about who you are. What are the things you usually have and please do describe why its there...

1)Pencil - I like to scribble a lot. I use it a lot for work even though most of what I do is computer based I still like jotting stuff down when talking to people.

2) Receipt - For some reason I don't like throwing them away. Not that I use them for tax exemptions but I don't, I probably should.

3) Candy - I always have candy. I always feel as if I'm gonna have bad breath so I always eat one before talking to people.

4) Cellphone - ever notice that if you leave this item you always grab your pants to check if its there unconsciously? Its so hard to live without a cellphone. The one I use is a cheap one though... no frills, only for calling. No 3G, no Video, no camera...

5) Driver's License - I drive a lot so no way would I leave it out. technically its in my wallet all the time. but then my wallet is always in my pocket...
Sino Kamukamo
Sino Kamukamo

Number of posts : 26
eLocation : Luzon
eRep Function : Community Builder
Registration date : 2009-03-28

Back to top Go down

name 5 Things you'd normally find in your pocket... Empty Re: name 5 Things you'd normally find in your pocket...

Post by Richard York Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:57 am

I have a weird thing about pockets in that certain things have to be in certain sides.

Phone - agreed, you can't live without one. ALWAYS right pocket, I have no idea why.

Wallet - I'm one of those hoarders that puts everything into my wallet. Restaurant business cards, old reciepts, everything. Always in the left pocket.

MP3 - The screen's cracked because in that same pocket I brushed a ticket barrier too hard running for the tube, but I stick sellotape over it to stop the glass cutting and making myself look very cheap. Usually right side.

Passport - I'm older than I look, and don't have a driver's license or ID card. So wherever I'm going anywhere pubbish, or there's a chance I'll meet up with someone later, I often have my passport on me. Always left pocket because it folds in easily behind the wallet.

Polos - Cause I have a sweet tooth. Usually right pocket as slot in next to the phone.
Richard York
Richard York

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2009-03-16

Back to top Go down

name 5 Things you'd normally find in your pocket... Empty Re: name 5 Things you'd normally find in your pocket...

Post by RomanSoldier Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:09 am

5 things eh?

1 ) my add on parts that all add up to a mingun

2) my elephant just incase we get into another ice age, ill be the cool guy with an elephant what everyone wants to know

3) Golden Ak 47, cuz its awesome...

4) trampoline just incase im turned into a midget (it happens i saw it in Glasgow)

5) my infinite food maker, so when we're in the ice age (with the elephant) i dont need to eat it

but in the real world...=-p

1)Bank card
2) Real money
3) sometimes a pen Oo
4)mobile phone
5) picture of me to hand out to ugly people to rub it in their face(ran out of things..Oo)
RomanSoldier
RomanSoldier

Number of posts : 824
Registration date : 2009-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Divinitywolf Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:13 pm

I never usually carry much.
Material possessions are unnecessary ;)
Divinitywolf
Divinitywolf
Ghostly Presence
Ghostly Presence

Number of posts : 3281
eLocation : Luzon, ePhilippines
eRep Function : Head of NICA
Registration date : 2009-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Gloriousfailure Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:48 pm

Wallet.
iPod
Phone.
My hands.
Gloriousfailure
Gloriousfailure

Number of posts : 650
eLocation : USA
eRep Function : Asshole.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teh User Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:53 pm

1. Mobile Phone. Even if I'm not calling anyone it's handy as an organiser.
2. Coins. Usually of value less than £1. I hardly ever have a £2 coin in my pocket.
3. Wallet. Containing at least £100 and about 20€.
4. Passport. Like Richard said, I need it if I'm buying the lottery. I'll never carry my driving licence around with me when I get one. It's far, far better to produce at the police station, they can just check on the system.
5. Train tickets. I love travelling on trains, and you'll nearly always find a National Rail trademark orange ticket from Darlington to London Kings Cross and back.

I don't know why Sino would carry sweets with him, just have some chewing gum.
Teh User

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2009-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Bestie101 Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:38 pm

1) Wallet, usually with no money in.
2) Mobile, usually with no battery.
3) iPod, usually with no battery.
Bestie101
Bestie101

Number of posts : 695
eLocation : Somewhere
eRep Function : Minister of Awesome

Back to top Go down

Post by IndieKid Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:52 pm

same as bestie, lol
IndieKid
IndieKid

Number of posts : 399
eLocation : eWar

Back to top Go down

Post by Meghan Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:01 am

can i apply this to my purse?

my agenda
my wallet
a brush
pens/pencils
hair pieces
Meghan
Meghan

Number of posts : 605
eLocation : Mindanao
eRep Function : Congresswoman
Registration date : 2009-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post by DaRuler Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:13 pm

1.I usually have money that I just stick in my pocket after getting change.
2.My N95
3.My bank card

That its really I dont carry much around with me.
DaRuler
DaRuler

Number of posts : 655
eLocation : eUK
eRep Function : Stuff
Registration date : 2009-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Gloriousfailure Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:02 pm

DaRuler wrote:2.My N95

I love my N95, but it isn't really pocket friendly. =[ It's not the size, its the camera that gets caught on my jeans every time >.>
Gloriousfailure
Gloriousfailure

Number of posts : 650
eLocation : USA
eRep Function : Asshole.

Back to top Go down

Post by DaRuler Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:20 pm

You have the older version,like me, then because the newer versions has no lense cover like the Mk.1.
DaRuler
DaRuler

Number of posts : 655
eLocation : eUK
eRep Function : Stuff
Registration date : 2009-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Richards Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:18 pm

I'm the same as Richard, i always have the same things in the same pockets

1.Mobile Phone- in my right trouser pocket or my right jacket pocket, just because i'm right handed and it's easy to get to it, usually have very little or no credit but hey

2.Keys-Left trouser or Jacket pocket, only in my left pocket because i don't want it in the same pocket as my Phone incase the screen gets scratched

3.Money/Wallet-I pretty much always wear Jeans and i usually have my Wallet in my back pocket if i'm going shopping. Even if i'm not going shopping i like to keep a £5 note in my pocket for food or something to drink while i'm out
4.Lynx Bullet-Always like to have a lynx bullet dark temptation in my pocket, especially in summer, i HATE smelling of sweat when i'm out, this is usually in either the same pocket together with my phone or in the same pocket but in a seperate little section inside the pocket, depending on the Jeans that i am wearing

5.Hands, i always walk with my hands in my pockets, unless i am carrying something, receipts, chewing gum or wrappers are also sometimes in my pockets, but not always
Lee Richards
Lee Richards

Number of posts : 1843
eLocation : Limpopo, South Africa
eRep Function : Grandmaster of Procrastination
Registration date : 2009-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Reclusive Monkey Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:47 pm

1. Jimi Wallet - I hate bulky wallets; this one really forces you to think about what you need to have with you all the time. Oh, it saves the planet too =]

2. SanDisk Ultra Titanium 4Gb - Loaded up with Portable Apps and Cygwin

3. Metro Bus Pass - Saves me a small fortune over the year as through work I get it at a considerable discount

4. HTC-S620 - I hate this crappy phone but it was free with BT Broadband Anywhere. Will be dropped from a great height once the contract is up. At least I get unlimited mobile internet for £10 a month.

5. 80Gb iPod Classic - Never leave the house without it. Still only just over half full with most of my music on, several regular podcasts, my entire photo library and several movies, tv shows and film shorts. Topped off with some white Sennheiser CX300 earbuds so I can't hear the chavs on the bus!
Reclusive Monkey
Reclusive Monkey
Admin

Number of posts : 1006
eLocation : Luzon, Philippines
eRep Function : President, PIA Director, CEO Monkey Holdings
Registration date : 2009-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by hoskin Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:23 pm

Wallet- I thought it was just me, but it turns out other people have things in certain pockets. Wallet in right hand side, I rarely get it out, I usually just chuck change in my back pocket so go rummaging in there when buying something.
Phone- Cheap as chips replacement phone, but it does the job. Left pocket.
Soft mints- I don't know why, but it's like an addiction 0o. Love the things.
Pen- Never know when it might be handy
Paper- Only a little scrap to write anything useful, is usually actually just the paper mint wrapper hehe.

Extra added Bonus- Hands.
hoskin
hoskin

Number of posts : 1700
eLocation : Palawan, Philippines
eRep Function : Raping your men and robbing your women.
Registration date : 2009-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Reclusive Monkey Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:07 pm

hoskin (and others), you might like the Hipster PDA

Last edited by Reclusive Monkey on Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reclusive Monkey
Reclusive Monkey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hoskin Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:25 pm

Salesman much RM? Razz
Is it your company in RL or something.
I'll have a look once I get my laptop fixed.
This damned thing is too slow.
hoskin
hoskin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reclusive Monkey Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:26 pm

LOL Not at all. You'll see what I mean when you have a look...
Reclusive Monkey
Reclusive Monkey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hoskin Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:29 pm

Anyone know exchange rates $-£? In RL I mean.
Costs $100 to get what I need to fix laptop, anyone know around what that'd be in £? I know the dollar is alot nearer to the pound than it used to be, but I don't think it's overtaken yet.
hoskin
hoskin

Back to top Go down

Post by Divinitywolf Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:32 pm

It used to be roughly $2 to a pound.

Don't know if its changed though.
Divinitywolf
Divinitywolf
Ghostly Presence
Ghostly Presence

Number of posts : 3281
eLocation : Luzon, ePhilippines
eRep Function : Head of NICA

Back to top Go down

Post by hoskin Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:36 pm

I think it's changed.
But I don't know where to look.
Thanks anyway.
hoskin
hoskin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reclusive Monkey Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:52 pm

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&safe=off&q=100+dollars+to+pounds&btnG=Search&meta=

Google is the answer as always. You can use that to do unit conversion as well. Obviously you won't get that exchange rate from card company, but it will give you an idea.
Reclusive Monkey
Reclusive Monkey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Richards Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:21 pm

Divinitywolf wrote:It used to be roughly $2 to a pound.

Don't know if its changed though.

i don't remember it being that anytime recently, at the moment according to google $100 is around £60 although i thought that they were much closer together
Lee Richards
Lee Richards

Number of posts : 1843
eLocation : Limpopo, South Africa
eRep Function : Grandmaster of Procrastination
Registration date : 2009-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post by hoskin Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:15 am

Cheers guys.
hoskin
hoskin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum